Here is the delicious recipe for Filet mignon in Nantes, with onions, butter, milk and parsley as ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 onions
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1 pork tenderloin (800 g)
- 1/2 l of milk
- 2 strands of parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
Nantes-style filet mignon
- Peel and mince the onions.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter, sear the filet mignon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the filet mignon. Keep warm.
- Degrease the pot, and add the chopped onions.
- Pour in the milk, salt and pepper, then cook the onion compote for 30 minutes.
- Slice the filet mignon and reform it.
- Once the compote is cooked, place the filet mignon and finish cooking for 5 minutes.
- Arrange on a dish: serve the compote and the filet mignon with a few sprigs of parsley.
To accompany the filet mignon
You can serve this dish with sautéed potatoes, mashed potatoes or a pan of seasonal vegetables.
Find out more about pork tenderloin
Containing no waste, filet mignon is a flawless piece of pork, very popular with the French.
Even though it is among the more expensive pieces, it is still relatively affordable. Exceptionally tender, this portion of meat is sold whole or detailed in slices of varying thicknesses which then take the names of medallions, hazelnuts, pomegranate, mignons ... Roasted whole in the oven or in a casserole dish, the filet mignon is also succulent grilled, braised or pan-fried.
Pairing deliciously with spices, herbs or quite simply with pepper, it is exquisite in marinade, sauce, crust ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel