In a verrine or as an aperitif, here is a fresh and original starter recipe of steamed carrots and mint whipped cream.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of carrots
- 1 orange
- 6 sheets of mint
- 25 cl of fresh cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Steamed carrots and mint whipped cream recipe
- Cut the tops, peel, wash and cut the carrots into small, regular slices.
- Squeeze the orange, reserve the juice.
- Place water in the lower part of the steamer, bring it to a boil.
- Place the carrots in the upper part of the steamer. Cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Season the carrots with the orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop the mint (keep a few leaves for dressing).
- Whip the cream (very cold) into whipped cream. Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped mint.
Divide the carrot slices among verrines. Place the whipped cream and a few mint leaves.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche