A great classic of French cuisine, stuffed tomatoes can also become vegetarian and remain delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 beautiful tomatoes
- 150g Thai rice
- 1 courgette
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp. short coffee curry
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 150 g of cream cheese
- 25 g grated Emmental
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Vegetarian stuffed tomatoes with rice
Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut the caps (keep them), hollow them out, salt them and turn them over on a plate.
- Rinse the rice in cold water, then cook it for 15 minutes in a pot of hot salted water.
- Meanwhile, wash and grate the zucchini.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Drain the cooked rice, run it under cold water.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter, add the grated zucchini.
- Sprinkle with curry and season with salt, pepper and chopped garlic.
- Add the rice and cream cheese, mix together.
Garnish the tomatoes with this mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Pour olive oil over and cover with the caps. Bake and cook for 15 minutes.
Salt and turn the tomatoes allows the juice to flow so that they make less of it when cooking. Nevertheless, this drained juice can be recovered and constitute an excellent base of sauce. The pulp can also be used for a sauce, stuffing or other dish.
A great classic of French cuisine, stuffed vegetables are particularly popular on the Mediterranean coast.
The family recipe for the stuffing generally consists of minced meat, sausage meat and herbs (onions, garlic,
herbs…). This composition dresses tomatoes as well as peppers, zucchini, eggplants ...
Hot or cold, there are many variations of stuffed tomatoes: rice and tuna; zucchini and goat cheese; bush and spices; quinoa and small vegetables; crab, shrimp and avocado; surimi, egg and mayonnaise; Cod brandade…
- To discover : traditional stuffed tomato recipe
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel