Here is a happy marriage between tomato and summer fruits, an original salad idea for a light, fragrant and colorful dish.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of tomatoes (red or yellow)
- ¼ watermelon
- 125 g of raspberries
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 15 cl of water
- 1 bag of black tea
- 4 sprigs of basil
- 50 g feta
Tomato salad with fruit
- Wash the tomatoes, make a cross on top and put them in boiling water until the skin bursts. Cool them in ice water. Peel, dice and seed them.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes.
- Wash and gently dry the raspberries.
- In a saucepan, place the agave syrup and water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Off the heat, infuse the tea bag for 3 minutes.
Remove the bag, let cool, marinate the fruit and tomatoes for 30 minutes.
- Wash, dry and chop the basil.
- Crumble the feta.
- Dress the tomato swim in deep plates or small bowls. Sprinkle with feta and chopped herbs.
Learn more about feta
Evoking the flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean, feta is a white cheese in brine made since ancient times.
Protected by a PDO since 2002, “real” feta is produced only on Greek territory. With sheep's milk, possibly supplemented with goat's milk, authentic feta does not contain cow's milk.
Moist, porous and crumbly, this cheese often presents a salty and firm dough, with a tangy, slightly spicy flavor. Fresh and melting on the palate, it is delicately sprinkled in salads, and brings a creamy touch to puff pastry, pies, sauces ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel