As an aperitif or tapas, enjoy these toasts of green olive brandade with anchovies, a delight!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g ofolives green (drained net weight)
- 200 g black olives (drained net weight)
- 6 anchovy
- 3 potatoes Agria
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- Salt / Niora pepper or Espelette
- Pepper or paprika powder
Green olive brandade recipe
- Put the green olives in a saucepan with the clove of garlic, the sprig of thyme and olive oil up to it and heat very gently for 30 minutes so that the olives and garlic confuse.
- Meanwhile, cook the Agria potatoes in salted water until the flesh is tender,
- Once cooked, peel them and collect the flesh in a bowl.
- Blend the candied green olives and garlic with half of the cooking olive oil using a blender until you get a mixture of texture.
- Combine the black olives cut in 4, the green olive paste and the mashed potatoes and season with salt, pepper and pepper powder as desired
- Finish with the chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil
- Arrange on toast for dressing.
You can also make pastillas by stuffing pastry sheets or filo pastry with brandade. To fry or fry for a crispy result.
Photo Credit: Philippe Asset / Mix’N’Olives