Here is an original aperitif idea with these cherry tomatoes with caramel and salted whipped cream. Ideal for a gourmet cocktail.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 25 Cherry tomatoes
- 50 g golden sesame
- 20g white sesame
- 50 g of poppy seeds
- 45 g buckwheat honey
- 170 g brown sugar
- 100 g heavy cream
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cherry tomatoes with caramel and salted whipped cream
Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes.
- Prick each tomato with a wooden pick (makes it easier to coat the tomatoes in the caramel).
- Prepare the mixture of all the seeds.
- Prepare a dish with a sheet of baking paper.
In a pot,
- Pour in the buckwheat honey and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and bring to the consistency of caramel (about 5 minutes).
Out of the fire,
- Add the seeds and coat each cherry tomato with caramel.
- Arrange them on the baking paper.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Whip the whipped cream with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cayenne pepper.
Serve the cherry tomatoes with the salted whipped cream.
Learn more about buckwheat honey
Flavoring the gingerbread of yesteryear, buckwheat honey (buckwheat) is a Breton product that almost disappeared due to the depletion of the cereal.
Nowadays, it is still produced in Brittany, but it is also harvested in the Center and in the Massif Central.
Dense, thick brown, this distinctive honey gives off scents and aromas of earth and wood. With a rather discreet smell at first glance, it delivers its powerful flavor in contact with the taste buds.
A delight to enjoy on its own or mixed with the sweetness of cottage cheese ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel