At the end of summer, when the ripe nectarines just need to be crunched, we can also make delicious jams that will accompany us throughout the winter.
Ingredients and cooking time, here is the delicious recipe for nectarine jam.
Ingredients for 10 jars of jam:
- 2 kg of nectarines
- 1 kg of caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 lemons
Read also: growing a nectarine tree
Nectarine jam recipe
Start by preparing the nectarines by removing the core and peeling each nectarine.
- Cut the nectarines into large cubes
- Place the large dice in a bowl.
- Squeeze the 2 lemons over the nectarines then mix gently.
- Add the sugar on top, mix again so that all the pieces of nectarine are in contact with the sugar.
- Finally add the vanilla pod.
- Leave to macerate at room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 6 hours (the maceration time also depends on the maturation of the nectarines)
Cooking the nectarine jam:
In a jam basin, a pot or by default, a large saucepan or a casserole dish,
- Pour in all the nectarine mixture and the vanilla pod.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour the jam into the jam jars.
- Close the jars and invert them until completely cool.
To consume on any occasion, it's delicious!
- Find all our jams and all our nectarine recipes