Fresh vegetables, spices and delicious pieces of lamb make this lamb and vegetable tagine recipe fragrant and easy to make.
With or without a tagine dish, this recipe should be unanimous!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g shoulder ’lamb
- 1 leek
- 4 turnips
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 50 g of raisins
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- Spices: curry, turmeric, paprika, cumin
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
Recipe for lamb tagine with vegetables
Start by cleaning and peeling all the vegetables
- Cut the carrots into sections of about 3 cm
- Cut the turnips in 4
- Cut the leeks every 3-4 cm
- Mince the onion
Cooking meat and vegetables:
- Cut the shoulder of lamb into a uniform size piece of approximately 3-4 cm
- Roll the meat in flour
- Heat some olive oil in the tagine
- Brown the pieces of lamb with the chopped onion
- Add 1 tsp of curry and paprika
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric and cumin
- Pour in the poultry broth so that the meat is completely covered
- Then add the carrots, turnips and raisins
- Leave to cook for 30 minutes
- Finally add the leeks and cook for another 30 minutes
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper
Your lamb and vegetable tagine is finally ready and can be served with semolina, ideal!
Tip about the lamb tagine with vegetables
If you have saffron, you can add a small dose, it will give color but also a lot of taste to your tagine.
Also, do not hesitate to prepare your lamb tagine with vegetables the day before, it will only be better and the meat more tender.
Enjoy your meal !