Here is a happy marriage between duck breast and red cabbage, a mixture of tenderness, acidity and flavor.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 Red cabbage
- 50 g duck fat
- 25 cl of full-bodied red wine (Costières de Nîmes type)
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 30 g of jelly currants
- 500 g of potatoes (Charlotte)
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. oil soup
- 4 duck breasts (150 g each)
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon of spices (pepper, ground cloves)
- Salt pepper
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 25 cl of chicken broth
- Salt pepper
Duck breast with red cabbage
- Wash the cabbage, remove the larger rib and cut it into thin strips.
- Melt the duck fat, brown the cabbage for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the wine, vinegar and redcurrant jelly. Cover again for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 140 ° C (th.4).
- Peel, wash and grate the potatoes.
- In a skillet, heat 20 g of butter and oil, add the potatoes.
- Cook this galette over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm in the oven.
For the sauce:
- Cut the cold butter into pieces.
- Pour the poultry stock into a saucepan over medium heat, reduce it and gradually incorporate the butter without stopping whipping.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle the duck fillets with spices.
- Place them in a hot pan (skin side down first) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut the duck fillets into slices. Place them on hot plates, accompanied by the potato pancake, cabbage.
- Drizzle with the sauce.
- CHEF'S BBA
This recipe can be made with pigeon, quail, pork tenderloin ...
- CELLAR SIDE:
- COOKING WORDS
- Cover : Pour a liquid (a cream, a sauce, a coulis…) so as to cover a preparation.
- Parry : prepare food for cooking or table service, remove anything that interferes with presentation to make it even more appetizing.
- Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Photo: C. Herlédan