Stuffed peppers are just right at the end of summer when they are ripe and the evenings, cooler, make you want to eat a hot dish.
Ingredients for 6 to 8 people:
- 8 small peppers Red and yellow
- 500 g of meat (sausage meat or minced beef)
- 150 g of tomatoes crushed or mashed tomato
- 1 beautiful onion
- 2 podsgarlic
- 1 bunch of parsley or from basil (we can also put the 2)
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
Stuffed peppers recipe
The success of this recipe lies above all in the choice of the peppers, which must be of good size, and in the cooking, which must be long enough but not too strong.
Start by turning on the oven at 200 °
- Wash the peppers
- Cut off the cap of each pepper, keeping the peduncle
- Gently remove the seeds from the peppers with a teaspoon
- Empty everything that can be removed inside, especially the white part
- Peel then chop the garlic and onion
- Chop the parsley or basil
- Crumble the bread
In a large bowl, combine the meat and tomato puree with all the ingredients, then add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Garnish each pepper with this preparation
- Cover with the hat
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour
Cooking is long but it allows peppers to soak up the flesh while taking on a slightly candied appearance.
During cooking, ensure that the peppers do not dry out and to do this we sprinkle from time to time with water.
Before serving it is sprinkled with a few aromatic herbs.
Enjoy your meal !