The soft quinoa cake is a nice alternative to the classic savory cake, thus offering a different and subtle taste.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 80 g mesclun
- 70 g of Merzer cheese
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 10 cl of semi-skimmed milk
- 25 g of cornstarch
- 1⁄2 sachet of yeast
- 1⁄2 tsp. teaspoon of turmeric
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 300 g of quinoa cooked
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Soft quinoa cake recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Peel and mince the onions.
- Wash and wring out the mesclun.
- Crust and grate the cheese.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter and cook the chopped onions without coloring.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, cornstarch and yeast.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the milk / starch / yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Then add the turmeric and the cream, mix again.
- Add the cooked quinoa, mixed greens and grated cheese. Adjust seasoning.
Pour into a non-stick cake tin. Bake for 45 minutes.
Serve as a starter, accompanied by a lettuce.
LEARN MORE ...
An excellent alternative to cereals, quinoa is suitable for both sweet and savory preparations. Like rice, pasta or semolina, it goes well with many vegetables to accompany meats. As a starter or for a picnic, it lends itself readily to the preparation of mixed salads. Added in a soup, a quiche, an omelet, it gives consistency and brings a slight nutty taste. For the sweet, its flour replacing wheat flour, we can use it for the preparation of cakes, pancakes ..., and make porridge with its flakes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel