Here is the delicious Beaufort tart recipe as we like to taste it in the mountains, simply with a salad.
Ingredients for 1 pie:
- 250g of flour
- 125 g of butter + 20 g for the mold
- 5 cl of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g of beaufort
- 15 g cornstarch
- 20 cl of milk
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
Prepare the shortcrust pastry:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter, water and salt. Mix well and let stand for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and line a previously buttered tart mold.
Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180/200 ° C (th. 6/7).
Prepare the filling:
- Crust and grate the Beaufort.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk.
- In a salad bowl, whip the eggs with the cream, add the cornstarch mixed with the milk. Flavor with nutmeg and pepper (do not add salt).
- Place the Beaufort on the bottom of the tart and add the creamer.
Bake the tart and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel