Tender and fragrant, pork cheek in white wine is an easy recipe to pair with vegetables or starches.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 700 g of pork cheeks
- 1 carrot
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 g butter
- 15 cl of white wine
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1 sheet of laurel
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Recipe for pork cheeks in white wine
Prepare the pork cheeks, removing excess fat if necessary.
- Wash the carrot and cut it into mirepoix.
- Peel the shallots.
- Peel and degerm the garlic. Cut them into mirepoix.
In a skillet,
- Brown the pork cheeks in 30g melted butter until lightly colored.
- Add the garnish and deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 50 minutes over low heat.
- Remove the pork cheeks, pass the sauce through a Chinese and whip the sauce with the rest of the butter.
- Adjust seasoning.
Serve the pork cheeks with vegetables or starches.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel