It's a delicious marriage between cabbage and filet mignon that we offer with this recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 romanesco cabbage
- 400 g red cabbage
- 350 g brown mushrooms
- 3 shallots
- 600 g pork tenderloin
- 5 cl of soya sauce
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of brown sugar
- 45 g semi-salted butter
- 100 g of bacon
- 15 cl of apple juice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Filet mignon with cabbage
- Wash the cabbages and drain them. Slice the red cabbage.
- Wash, dry and cut the stems of the brown mushrooms.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Slice the filet mignon. Place it in a bowl, pour in the soy sauce, season with pepper and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside for
fresh with cling film.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the Romanesco cabbage for about 5 to 10 minutes. Check for doneness with a knife.
Drain and run the tops under cold water.
- In a casserole dish, melt 20 g of semi-salted butter and cook the shallots without coloring them. Add the red cabbage and continue cooking for 10 minutes. At the end of this time, add the brown mushrooms.
- In another pan, melt 25 g of butter and cook the filet mignon with the bacon for 3 minutes. Deglaze with the apple juice.
- Mix all the cabbages and the meat, coat well with the sauce and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot.
On the cellar side, wine to accompany the filet mignon with cabbage
In general, to accompany a filet mignon, it is preferable to keep the wine or cider used during cooking, depending on the recipe.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan