Here is a real gourmet recipe based on veal and vegetables that should delight the taste buds.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g veal fillet
- 250 g of veal trimmings
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pepper in grains
- 2 tbsp. acacia honey
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 30g butter
- 50 cl of water
- 12 shot
- 8 asparagus green
- 50 gr of peas
- 4 new onions
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp. coffee of turmeric
Grilled veal steak, steamed vegetables with turmeric in a honey juice
For the honey juice:
- Peel, wash, cut the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish. Add the veal trimmings and color them.
- Add the aromatic garnish, leave for a few minutes then deglaze with the honey. Caramelize lightly, moisten with water.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Filter, then reduce by half or even a quarter, whisk in butter.
For the steamed vegetables:
- Peel and wash the vegetables.
- Cut the shot in half. Bevel the asparagus while keeping the head. In a wok, melt the butter.
- When it is foamy, cook the shot for 5 to 10 min. Blow them up. Add a little water. Put with the onions.
For the veal steaks:
- Cut the veal fillet into pieces.
- Heat the grill. Place the paving stones on it. Return them.
- Arrange the vegetables on plates, place the steaks in staggered rows, cover with honey juice.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, garnish with chives. 12 shots
Words from the kitchen
Deglaze : dissolve in a liquid (water, vinegar, crème fraîche, wine, veal stock, etc.) the cooking juices attached to the bottom of the container
after cooking. Then rub the pan with a spatula to release them and mix them with the liquid. They will be useful for preparing a sauce.
Whisk in butter : add very cold butter in small pieces to obtain a smooth sauce.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan