Here is a Mediterranean recipe, both fragrant, as easy as it is quick to make and deliciously spicy.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 pears
- 25 cl of chicken broth
- 2 onions
- 1 clovegarlic
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of honey
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 serving of saffron
- 1 pinch ofcinnamon
- Salt pepper
Chicken, pear and honey tagine recipe
For this recipe, you can also use pears from the garden if it's in season, or pears in syrup sold in a tin.
- Start by cutting the chicken breasts into pieces
- Heat the tagine dish with the olive oil
- Brown the chicken breasts 2 to 3 min
- Add the chopped onions and crushed garlic
- Add honey and let caramelize for a few moments without darkening
- Pour in the chicken broth
- Cook for 10 minutes over low heat and covered
Once the meat is cooked, you can add the pears whose cooking is shorter
- Peel and seed the pears
- Cut the pears into quarters
- So add the pears to the meat and cook for another 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with saffron and cinnamon
- Mix everything together and cook for another 5 minutes
You can serve the tagine once cooked, but also prepare it the day before and reheat it at the last moment, this allows for a more tender meat.
Depending on tastes and seasons, you can also flavor with herbs such as parsley, coriander, basil, chervil, etc.
Enjoy your meal !