The delta carnation is a very beautiful little perennial, excellent for decorating rock gardens and low walls
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Dianthus deltoids
Family : Caryophyllaceae
Type : Perennial, annual or biennial
Height : 15 to 20 cm
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Ordinary
Flowering : May to September
Maintenance is easy, and these tips will ensure you have beautiful Water-Lily dianthus all summer long.
Planting delta carnation, dianthus deltoides
For delta carnations, deltoid dianthus:
Theeyelet in delta love them hot and sunny situations, this is important for a beautiful flowering.
- When planting, soak the root ball in water a few moments before putting it in a mixture of potting soil and garden soil.
For the planting in container or planter, prefer potting soil only
- Planting is done without importance in autumn or spring, taking care to respect a spacing of 20/25 cm between each plant.
- The cuttings perennial carnations is easy to make from the month of May.
- They can also be multiplied by dividing the tuft in the fall.
Pruning, maintenance of deltoid eyelets
The eyelet is very resistant and requires little maintenance except perhaps remove withered flowers As things progress.
Note that the delta eyelet particularly resistant to drought and therefore does not, a priori, need to be watered.
- Cut the wilted flowers as you go, this stimulates the appearance of new flowers.
- Water only in case of prolonged drought
To know about the delta carnation
The number of deltoid carnation species offers a wide variety of colors.
This little perennial, however, is still generous in its flowering and thus allows you to garnish your flower beds, borders, low walls, rockeries or planters.
Rich in color and very fragrant, it is interesting to multiply the species within a single bed.
- Note that its growth is very fast
- She quickly takes over the weeds
Smart tip about delta carnations
These florists' carnation flowers hold very well in a bouquet and look very pretty in a floral arrangement.