Here is a delicious recipe for sautéed prawns with green asparagus, a subtle marriage between land and sea.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 24 beautiful prawns
- 1 bunch of small asparagus green
- 50 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 1 tsp. blond sesame
- Salt flower
- Freshly ground pepper
Fried prawns with green asparagus
- Wash and dry the green asparagus.
- Cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a frying pan, melt half of the butter and cook the asparagus over low heat, about 2 minutes. Season them with fleur de sel. They should remain slightly crunchy.
- Keep them warm.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the butter if necessary.
- Cook the prawns for 3 to 6 minutes depending on their size. Season them with gomasio, fleur de sel and pepper.
- If necessary reheat the asparagus.
- Arrange the prawns and asparagus on a plate, sprinkle with gomasio and blond sesame.
- Serve immediately.
Chef's B.A.ba on asparagus
You can replace the asparagus with a julienne of vegetables, zucchini tagliatelle or a piperade.
LEARN MORE ...
Green asparagus has grown in the open air and owes its coloring to the normal process of chlorophyll synthesis that develops in sunlight. It offers a marked flavor and an almost sweet bud. This is the only asparagus that you don't need to peel.
When buying, the asparagus should exhale a pleasant scent of ripe wheat ear, the touch should be both firm and flexible under the finger and resistant to breaking, the heel should not be too dry.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan