As an accompaniment to meat or fish, this zucchini gratin recipe is delicious, easy and quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 courgettes
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl of whole liquid cream
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 100 g grated Emmental
- Coarse salt
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Courgette gratin recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Wash, dry and grate the courgettes. Arrange them in a dish.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and leave to drain for 15 minutes. Pat dry well.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, add the liquid cream, nutmeg and pepper.
- Check the draining of the zucchini, then mix them with the cheese and season with pepper.
Arrange them in a lightly buttered dish.
- Pour the preparation, mix well and bake for 20 minutes.
This gratin can be served as a main course in the evening or as an accompaniment to fish or meat.
The courgette : Zucchini stems are often prolific, and in season you may not know what to do with these vegetables. To enjoy them all year round, you can freeze them. Just wash them, dry them, cut them into 3 or 4 cm cubes, then place them in a freezer bag. When thawed, the consistency of the pieces won't be as firm as after picking them up, but they will be great for making soups, soups and purees.
Tip about liquid cream
Liquid cream : Liquid cream, known as whipping cream, is a fresh cream that has not undergone any seeding. Soft and light, it contains at least 30% fat and incorporates many more bubbles in its mass than other creams, which is why it is recommended for the preparation of whipped cream.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel