Both tasty and fruity, this strawberry, cheese and ham sandwich is a great tapas idea for the aperitif.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 slices of multi-grain bread
- 4 slices of raw ham
- 8 beautiful strawberries
- 15 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 1 branch of basil
- 4 tbsp. bush
- 1 pink onion
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the bush, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil.
- Peel and cut the onion into rings.
- Wash and dry the strawberries.
- Cut them into strips.
- Melt the butter ó salt and cook the strawberries quickly.
- Reserve the strawberries and quickly put the onion rings in the pan.
- Alternate the strawberries, onion rings, the bush and the cured ham.
- Decorate with basil leaves.
Serve with arugula, pine nuts and a hint of honey.
This recipe can be made with figs, apricots or flat peaches.
Find out more about the toast
The toast is a way to quickly prepare a tasty and balanced meal that can be enjoyed in a friendly way in all seasons. But, did you know that the term "toast" is also used to name, in a humorous way, the typographic symbol # (or hash): the two vertical lines correspond to the spread of butter, and the two horizontal lines to the spreading jam!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret