Here is a sauce, both delicious and original, to accompany your fish and shellfish.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of currypins
- 30 g clarified butter
- 2 tbsp. rapadura sugar
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 Roscoff onion
- 3 shallots
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 star anise
- 10 cl ofabsinthe
- 100 g unsalted butter
- Brush the shells of the currypins then crush them raw.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the clarified butter. Pour in the sugar and let lightly caramelize. Add the crushed currypins and brown them.
- Using a peeler, remove 4 lemon peels.
- Peel the onion and shallots, cut them into mirepoix.
- Wash and also cut the tomatoes in mirepoix.
- Add all of the aromatic garnish (lemon peels, onion, shallots, tomatoes, anise) to the contents of the Dutch oven, leave to stew and then wet with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pass through a Chinese, reduce, pour in the absinthe then whip the sauce with the soft butter.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: F. Hamel