Allyogyne is a remarkable shrub-like plant with generous flowering.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Alyogyne
Family : Malvaceae
Type : Shrub
Height : 1 to 2 m
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Lightweight, well drained
Foliage : Persistent -Flowering : April to November
Maintenance, from planting to pruning, is easy and will allow you to have a magnificent alyogyne. (Photo © Ines Porada)
Planting of alyogyne takes place preferably in spring in a sheltered and sunny place in your garden.
- The alyogyne likes rather sunny situations, ideal for a beautiful flowering
- The soil must be especially well drained because the nature of the soil is less important
- For an alyogyne massif, plan about 3 alyogynes per m2
- Water well the first year after planting
- Follow our advice planting shrubs.
Cultivation of alyogyne in pots:
Alyogyne is particularly suitable for pot culture.
- Use in this case, a rich mixture or exclusively composed of potting soil.
Allyogyne is frost resistant, provided it is of short duration. The hardiness of alyogyne is -10 ° maximum and of short duration.
If it freezes frequently in your area, plan instead a container culture that you will shelter from frost in the winter.
Maintenance and pruning of alyogyne
Remove wilted flowers as you go, although the short duration of flowering (1 to 2 days) may not always allow this task to be completed.
Allyogyne is easy to maintain and, once properly seated, hardly needs any care.
- Water the first year after planting
- Mulch the foot in winter to protect it from frost and cold.
Size of alyogyne:
When and how to prune an allogene:
Cut the stems to 1/3 of their length in spring to stimulate flowering.
Although pruning is not at all essential, it still helps to stimulate flowering while keeping a compact pot.
Things to know about alyogyne
Alyogyne is also called "Blue hibiscus". It was previously part of the same classification but it was separated for a difference in the flower.
Of Australian origin, he was previously ranked among the hibiscus.
- Its flowering is remarkable and lasts a good part of the year.
Maintenance remains unimportant and easy, but for the pot culture, it is better to come home for the winter in a cool, frost-free place.
Smart tip about alyogyne
In pots, it is advisable to repotting every 2 to 3 years maximum and add fertilizer at least once a year.