Strawberry shortbread is a classic pastry, here topped with a delicious light mint cream.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of strawberries
- 4 sheets of mint
- 50 g ground almonds
- 250g of flour
- 125 g of caster sugar
- 125 g churned butter
- 6 mint leaves
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 5 cl of milk
- 1 tbsp. liquid honey
Churned shortbread, strawberries and mint foam
For the shortbread:
- In a salad bowl, combine and work the almond powder, flour, caster sugar with the butter.
Spread the resulting dough (1 cm thick) between 2 sheets of lightly floured baking paper.
Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (th. 5/6).
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into small patties 5 cm in diameter.
- Place the pancakes on a non-stick baking sheet, bake and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the mint scum:
- Wash and sponge the mint.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the cream, milk, mint and honey. Mix while incorporating as much air as possible.
- Stem and wash the strawberries, arrange them harmoniously on the shortbread, decorate with foam and top with a mint leaf.
It is possible to top this dessert with another shortbread (macaroon style).
Preciously enclosed in an iron or airtight box, the shortbread can be stored for several weeks depending on the environment (humidity, heat, etc.). So do not hesitate to make several batches to consume them occasionally:
- as a snack with a glass of fresh milk or hot chocolate; plain or with additional jam, lemon curd, salted butter caramel or spread; we can dress them with colored icing and decorate them (food pearls, mini dough subjects
- for dessert in a triffle (pastry cream, strawberries, red fruit coulis, etc.), sprinkled on a dairy cream dessert, on a compote or on cooked fruit crumble style;
- summer, whole or crumbled on an ice cream cup topped with whipped cream.
Recipe: S. Samson, Photo: F. Hamel