Delicious, easy and inexpensive, this recipe for chicken with dried fruits should be unanimous.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of chicken cutlets
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 2 shallots
- 6 dried apricots
- 6 prunes, pitted
- 20 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 1 stirred yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. 4 teaspoon mix
- 1/2 tsp. coffee of turmeric
- Salt pepper
Chicken with dried fruits
- Peel and wash the carrots. Cut them into slices.
- Cut the chicken cutlets into strips.
- Peel and roughly chop the shallots.
- In a casserole dish, brown the shallots in the semi-salted butter.
Add the cutlet strips, brown them. Add the 4 spice mixture
and turmeric. Coat the chicken pieces well.
- Peel and cut the apple into quarters.
- In the casserole dish, add the carrots, apple quarters, apricots
dry, prunes. Salt and pepper. Cover with half of water and cook for about 20
minutes under cover. At the end of cooking, add the stirred yogurt. Check
seasoning before serving.
- You can serve this dish with rice, quinoa, scallops or mashed potatoes.
- If you prefer a stronger apple flavor, you can add apple juice or cider instead of the cooking water.
Well-being and stirred yogurt
The difference from a firm yogurt depends on the manufacturing process. Fermentation takes place in the jars, resulting in a "firm" yogurt. The fermentation of the other takes place in bulk tanks, before brewing and potting. We then obtain “stirred” yogurt, also called “velvety”. Both provide the same amount of protein and calcium. Your choice will be made on the flavored or plain version, with whole or skimmed milk.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret