Treat yourself with this recipe from velvety of cauliflower with pistachios, an original combination that should surprise and thrill your guests.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 mini cauliflower
- 20 gr of pistachios
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 25 cl of milk
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Preparation time : 15 minutes -Cooking time: 10 minutes
Recipe for cauliflower velouté with pistachios
Heat a pot of hot water with the broth.
- Rinse the cauliflower and cut into the florets, then cut the stalk roughly. Simply discard the small leaves that would be on it.
- Cook the florets and other pieces in the pot of boiling water for 10 min. over medium / high heat.
Meanwhile, take a few pistachios, roughly crush them and set them aside.
- Roast the remaining pistachios raw (without fat), 5 min. over medium heat, in a small skillet, stirring once or twice.
Using a skimmer, place the cauliflower in the bowl of the blender.
- Add the olive oil, whole pistachios, milk and blend.
- Adjust the seasoning and blend again to obtain a very smooth soup.
- If it is too thick, add a little of the cooking broth and mix again.
Divide the soup between 2 bowls and sprinkle with a few crushed pistachios.
For those without a blender
After having cooked the florets as indicated above, eat them warm in a salad with the roasted pistachios for a few minutes raw in a pan.
Or simply enjoy the raw cauliflower with a little sauce made from yogurt, mustard and herbs.
To store your cauliflower, place it in the unwashed refrigerator in a perforated plastic bag. You can then keep it for ten days.
If you prefer to cook it, then eat it within 2 days.