Delicious in all seasons and especially in fall and winter, this carrot soup is as delicate as it is smooth.
Here is a recipe that is as easy as it is delicious ...
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of carrots orange
- ½ fennel
- 1 onion
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 80 cl of vegetable broth
- 20 cl of cream
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots, cut them into pieces.
- Wash and cut the fennel, keeping a few stems for dressing.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter, sweat the onion, add the carrots and fennel.
- Add the vegetable broth. Salt and pepper.
- Cook for 40 minutes over medium heat and covered.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, add the liquid cream and a good pinch of Espelette pepper. Mix everything.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve immediately, adding a few tops of fennel.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel
> Read also: health benefits and virtues of carrots