Peas with bacon, with or without carrots, are a must in traditional French recipes.
Often bought in a box, their taste is not the same when cooked with fresh peas.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of peas fresh
- 200 g of bacon
- 2 onions
- Olive oil
- 2 strands of thyme
- 1 sheets of laurel
- Salt pepper
Peas and bacon recipe
The recipe for peas with bacon and onions is so familiar, you almost forget it's easy and tasty.
Note that 1 kg of fresh peas gives approximately 400 g of shelled peas.
- Start by shelling then cleaning the fresh peas
- Peel and mince the onions
- Heat the olive oil then sauté the onions to brown them lightly
- Keep the onions warm
In a casserole dish or individual casseroles
- Place the peas divided according to the cooking medium
- Add the bacon, thyme and bay leaf, then mix
- Pour 2 glasses of water if it is a single casserole dish (divide according to the casseroles if necessary)
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes
- The peas should not crumble, they should remain tender but firm
- Add the onions then mix
Enjoy your meal !