Cook your roast pork with candied apples and turnips, a way to add flavor and avoid a too dry roast pork, a treat.
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 1 roast pork from 1 to 1.2 kg
- 2 apples
- 12 small turnips
- 1 onion
- Salt pepper
Roast pork recipe with apples and candied turnips
The success of this recipe lies above all in the cooking. You need the right temperature in order to keep a tender roast pork while having nice, lightly candied turnips.
Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Start by peeling and slicing the onion
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces
- Peel the small turnips
In a skillet,
- Melt a nice knob of butter
- Add the chopped onions and turnips
- Sauté and mix until the onions and turnips are golden brown
In a baking dish,
- Place the onions and turnips at the bottom with the cooking juices
- Place the roast pork on top
- Put the apple pieces around
- Salt, pepper
- Bake for 1 hour of cooking
During all the cooking, baste the roast pork with the cooking juices. If you run out of cooking juices, you can start by drizzling with 1 glass of water.
As an accompaniment you can make a good mashed potatoes and parsnips.
Enjoy your meal !