Wishing you to make a dessert made from milk, accompanied by delicious spices and fruits, here is the milk soup with spices and cooked fruits.
Preparation : 30 min
Cooking : 10 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 peaches
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 30 g cane sugar
- 4 tbsp. cornmeal
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 tsp. Bulgarians powder (Rœllinger spices)
Milk soup recipe with spices and cooked fruits
- Wash and cut the peaches in half.
- Split the vanilla bean in half.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk, vanilla, spices and cane sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Pour in the cornmeal, mix and cook for 5 minutes, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil. Keep warm.
- In a skillet, melt the butter, add the peaches, brown them lightly and drizzle with the agave syrup. Coat them well with syrup.
- Arrange in deep plates or small bowls. Add the cooked fruit. Sprinkle with some spices.
LEARN MORE ...
Coming from a large family, peach is the fruit of to fish, fruit tree originating in China taking a remarkable number of forms: 3000 varieties in the world and 300 in France. This plant called prunus persica produces peaches of course, but also nectarines, nectarines and pavies. No cross between plum and peach as legend would have it, all these fruits come from the same tree!
Another popular idea is that white peaches are sweeter than yolks. False! So much appreciated, their delicious tangy and refreshing taste does not depend on their color, the pigments having no influence on the flavors and aromas.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel