A foray into Alsace, with this delicious specialty for breakfast and afternoon tea, the Alsatian kouglof.
A true institution in Alsace, this brioche with its characteristic shape has since crossed its borders.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 90 g of grapes blond dry
- 10 cl of ½ skimmed milk
- 10 g fresh baker's yeast
- 300 g flour
- 1 C. teaspoon salt
- 30 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 g of softened butter
- 50 g ofalmonds tapering
- Icing sugar.
Alsatian Kouglof recipe
- Warm the milk and add the crumbled yeast.
- Form a well with the flour, add the dissolved yeast and mix.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Incorporate the eggs then work the dough by stretching it.
- Incorporate the butter in pieces. Add the grapes.
Put the dough in a large bowl, cover with a tea towel and let stand for 1 hour.
Crush it with the palm of your hand so that it deflates and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Work the dough into a ball with a hollow in the center.
- Butter the kouglof mold and place the dough.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cook the kouglof for 1 hour.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then unmold.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Let cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.
Enjoy your meal !
Photo credit: © Daniel Mettoudi / Cedus