The 7-hour leg is an essential recipe for leg that gives the meat a candied and terribly fragrant appearance.
Easy to succeed, you will surprise your guests with the result!
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 leg of lamb of 1.5 to 2 kg
- 6 shallots
- 6 podsgarlic in shirt
- 50 cl of white wine
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 1 bouquet garni
- Thyme, rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
7-hour lamb recipe
The 7-hour leg of lamb recipe is certainly long to cook, but very quick in terms of preparation.
- Start by mixing a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary with the olive oil
- Brush the leg of lamb with this preparation and refrigerate for 2 hours
After 2 hours,
- Turn on the oven at 120 ° (th 4)
- Heat a large casserole dish
- Brown all sides of the leg in the casserole dish
- Add the shallots and the unpeeled garlic cloves
- Pour in the white wine and the chicken broth
- The leg must be completely covered
- Add the bouquet garni
- Cover the casserole dish and put in the oven for 7 hours
- It is good to turn the leg once halfway through cooking
It is important to ensure that the leg always has enough juice so that it does not dry out.
You can serve the 7-hour leg with potatoes, Provencal tomatoes or a good mashed potato, carrot or from celery
Finally, note that the 7-hour leg is also called leg with a spoon because the meat is so tender that it can be cut with a spoon ...
Enjoy your meal !