Pancakes are one of the most popular staple foods in the world. Each has a different recipe, made with wheat or corn flour, like here with the American corn pancakes.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 120 g flour
- 1 egg
- 25 cl of whole milk
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 125 g fine semolina But
- 50 g butter
- Place the flour in a fountain, in the center add salt and the egg.
- Gradually mix, pour in the milk, mix until a smooth paste is obtained, leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Add 10g of melted butter to the dough before using.
In a pot of salted boiling water,
- Pour the cornmeal in rain.
- Add the butter, mix and cook for the time indicated on the package (usually 8 to 10 min).
- Mix the pancake batter and add it to the semolina mixture.
- Mix well.
Cook these pancakes like traditional pancakes in a pan in 30 g of butter.
Enjoy with maple syrup, jam or sweetened condensed milk.
Enjoy your meal !