Fondant and gourmet, this dessert of melting apples with cream and vanilla flavor is a real delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 vanilla pod
- 15 cl of milk
- 3 eggs
- 50 g of brown sugar
- 4 apples (queens of reinettes)
- 1 tsp. heavy cream
Read also: health benefits and virtues of apples
Creamy fondant apples
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th. 7).
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and add the vanilla pod.
Let steep, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, place the whole eggs, beat them into an omelet and pour in the sugar while continuing to whip them.
- Take the remaining vanilla beans, add them to the milk.
- Pour the milk over the sugared eggs, mix and set aside.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into strips. Arrange them in a rosette in bowls or small dishes.
- Add the cream to the preparation then pour it all over the apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar if necessary.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
You can change the apples to pears, plums, figs, etc.
Find out more about the queen apple of reinettes
Queen of pippin apple
A medium-sized, fragrant fruit, the queen of reinettes is ideal for making pies. Its yellow skin, streaked with red and dotted with gray, protects a delicious light yellow flesh. Fine and tangy, juicy and crunchy, it delivers a taste of sweet apple with hints of nuts. Its taste qualities also make it a gourmet fruit that you will love to bite into, from August to October, or even December depending on the region.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel