The apricot carrot cream is a beautiful vitamin and colorful starter that will also give you a healthy glow thanks to the carotene.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 800 g of carrots
- 5 cl of olive oil
- 60 cl of vegetable broth
- 2 shallots
- 150 g of whipped cheese (Madame Loïc type)
- 8 apricots very ripe
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 6 beautiful leaves of basil
- 2 tbsp. fresh cream
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of gomasio
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Carrot cream with apricots
- Peel the onions and carrots. Slice them.
- In the oil, sweat the onions then the carrots, add the vegetable broth, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- In a bowl, pour the whipped cheese, season with pepper and shallots. Keep in cool until serving.
- Wash and mix the apricots.
- Mix the vegetable broth. Add the apricot purée. Bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper, as well as sugar. Mix again and incorporate the basil leaves, then the cream. Emulsify everything well. Let cool (about 2 hours).
- When ready to serve, pour the cold cream of carrots into verrines (or other containers), add the whipped cheese to the shallots and sprinkle with gomasio.
LEARN MORE ...
Early, early, early, new, conservations ... Many varieties of carrots are harvested over the months to supply the market and our plates. It is therefore easy to get fresh carrots in summer and winter. Produced since the 18th century in France, this root has become the third most cultivated and consumed vegetable (10 kg per year per capita), after the potato and the tomato.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel