Here is a delicious recipe for risotto with carrot juice and pan-fried scallops with caraway.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 16 scallops in shell
- 50 cl of carrot juice
- 50 g butter
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. coffee of coriander
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. coffee of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. coffee of water
- 20 g of caraway
- 50 g arborio rice
- 30g butter
- 1 shallot
- 150 g of mascarpone
- 60 g grated Parmesan
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 18 cl of white wine
- Salt pepper
- Heat the carrot juice, add 20 g of butter, the coriander seeds and the cumin powder.
- Using your fingertips, combine the water and cornstarch.
- Cut the carrot into bevelled slices 5 mm thick. Dip them in the carrot juice and cook for 20 minutes. At the end of cooking, pour in the lemon juice.
- Filter, collect the carrot slices, rinse, pat dry and set aside.
Also collect the filtered carrot juice, heat. When it comes to the boil, add the binding to the cornstarch, let it boil for 1 minute (the liquid should be smooth) then pour over the carrot slices.
- Shell, empty, clean the scallops and prick them with the caraway seeds. Reserve.
For the risotto:
- Peel, wash and chop the shallot.
- Brown the shallot and the rice in butter for 4 to 5 minutes. Pour in the white wine.
Stir. Evaporate and pour the broth ladle after ladle, taking care to allow the liquid to evaporate between each and without stopping stirring.
The rice should have cooked for about 17 minutes. With the last ladle, remove from heat, add the mascarpone and Parmesan. Season.
- At the last moment, pan-fry the scallops in the remaining butter for 1 minute on each side and arrange them around the risotto accompanied by its sauce.
CELLAR SIDE:Condrieu white
Recipe: C. Fradin, Photo: C. Herlédan