Surprise your guests with this delicious Norman-style chicken recipe, both delicious and easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken breasts
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 2 bunches of white onions
- 2 shallots
- 40 cl of fresh cream
- 30 g clarified butter
- 10 cl of calvados
- Salt pepper
Norman chicken recipe
- Peel, cut the stems, wash and cut the onions into 4.
- Peel and wash the shallots.
- Clean and mince the button mushrooms.
- In a sauté pan, melt the clarified butter, place the chicken pieces there. Brown on all sides. Remove from fire. Extract the chicken pieces, set them aside. Instead, place the onions and shallots, brown lightly, add the mushrooms. Stir for 2 minutes and add the meat. Drizzle with Calvados and flambé.
Cover and simmer over low heat 25 minutes for the whites and 30 minutes for the thighs, stirring regularly. At the end of cooking, pour in the cream, mix and continue cooking for 10 minutes without boiling.
- This recipe can be served with rice, potatoes or neighborhoods of Apple cooked in butter.
To obtain 50 g of clarified butter:
- 1st method: melt 90 g of butter in a bain-marie. Let stand 20 minutes and remove the scum on the surface. Pour the butter into a container, making sure to leave the whey (whitish deposit) at the bottom of the pan.
- 2nd method: melt 90 g of butter in a bain-marie, let it cool for a few hours in the refrigerator, the butter will harden (set), you just have to unmold it from the container at the bottom of which will be the casein and the whey you throw away. Rinse it under cold water.
Clarified butter will keep for up to 15 days in an airtight container.
These uses are varied, it can be used to make a sauce, to cook meats, fish or vegetables.
Words from the kitchen
Clarified butter: melted butter and then decanted to remove the whey and casein. This butter has the advantage of being able to be heated at high temperature without burning.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan