The delphinium, also known as Lark'sfoot, is a wonderful plant that blooms from June to October.
Sowing or planting are the only things to do because delphiniums do not require any maintenance.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Delphinium
Family : Ranunculaceae
Type : Perennial or annual
Height : 50 to 150 cm
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Ordinary, well drained
Flowering : June to October
Sowing, planting delphinium
For perennial and hardy species:
Preferably plant your delphiniums in September for good rooting before winter and good recovery the following spring.
- The delphinium likes rich soil, do not hesitate to add fertilizer or compost when planting
- They like sunny situations
- Avoid places that are too windy or put a tutor
- Respect a distance of 40 cm between each plant.
- Multiplication of perennial delphiniums by division of the tuft in spring.
Sowing of annual varieties of delphinium:
In sowing, you can preferably sow in autumn or until spring avoiding periods of frost.
Enrich the land with special soil for flowering plants and organic fertilizer granules to improve flowering and make it denser.
- It takes at least 4 weeks before planting
Maintenance, pruning of delphiniums
Cut the stems after flowering to stimulate the appearance of new flowers.
For the perennial delphiniums, cut back as short as possible in the fall and possibly protect the foot in colder regions.
- The delphiniums are sensitive to the wind and will therefore have to be staked if necessary
To know about the delphinium, lark's foot
This pretty plant is formed by long flower stalks adorned with beautiful white, blue or pink flowers.
Its height, often greater than 1 m, allows it to be planted at the bottom of a massif where it will give a very nice bushy effect.
Very pretty bouquet flowers, you can easily keep them for a long time and even integrate them into a bouquet of dried flowers.
Smart tip about delphinium, larkspur
- Cut a few delphinium flowers in the summer and put them in a vase because it holds very well in a bouquet.