Ficus forever is a magnificent houseplant that deserves the utmost care.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Ficus forever
Family : Moraceae
Type : Houseplant
Height: 3 m indoors, 30 m outdoors
Ground : Potting soil Indoor plants
Exposure : Bright light without direct sunlight
Foliage : Persistent
Maintenance, pruning, watering and treatment, follow these tips to have a beautiful ficus and prevent it from getting sick.
To know about the ficus forever
The Ficus forever is theone of the most resistant green plants that can live outdoors for up to 150 years.
It is appreciated for its aesthetic side but also for its high adaptability to interiors of our houses and apartments.
Caring for ficus forever
The Ficus forever requires special attention as to his exhibition, its watering and the csudden changes in temperature.
- It must be located in a bright room, but should not be exposed to the sun.
- It should be watered when the land is dry, but not abundantly and always withwater at room temperature.
- Finally, avoid moving it too often, because the latter will take time to adapt to his new environment.
Diseases or culture errors
Ficus forever losing its leaves:
Enough common in ficus forever, it is normal when it comes to regular losses and in limited quantities.
In case of leaf loss, check that it is well watered and possibly carry out a surfacing.
- It can also be linked to a change of place or pot.
- He can too running out of light, in this case give it more light.
He should quickly gain strength.
Leaves of the ficus forever that turn yellow:
It is often the result of a spider attack.
- It will then be sufficient to treat with a biological miticide sold in garden center.
- Avoid chemicals, especially in houseplants,
White pustules on the leaves which become sticky:
This is usually the result of mealybugs.
- Find out how fight against cochineal in the ficus forever.
Watering the ficus forever
It is better towait until the soil is dry between 2 waterings.
Water on average 1 time per week.
If your interior is rather dry or in summer, we can water a little more often, but always waiting for the soil to be dry on the surface.
On the contrary, in winter or in case of high ambient humidity, the watering can be space a little further apart.
Feel free to spray water regularly on the foliage, this will improve the quality of the foliage and prevent the leaves from drying out.
Size of ficus forever
The ficus forever supports pruning very well.
- You can prune it once a year, at any time of the year.
It is useless to cut back the branches too severely, a lightweight size is enough.
- This will make it possible to have a more beautiful and dense foliage.
Smart tip about ficus forever
With a pot or a container of the right size and regular surfacing, you will get a magnificent Ficus forever 2 to 3 m high!
Read also :
- All about the ficus benjamina