Mafé is a delicious African dish, here it is cooked with chicken and vegetables.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 free-range chicken
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 400g peanut butter
- 1 large onion
- 4 carrots
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 okra
- 1 half white cabbage, cut in half
- 1 piece of squash about 350 g
- 1 large tsp. to s. shrimp paste
- 1 C. alcohol vinegar
- 140 g of tomato paste
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp. to c. crushed black peppercorns
- 1 fresh West Indian chili
- 50 ml peanut oil
Chicken and Vegetable Mafé Recipe
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Salt.
- Heat the oil in a pot and brown the chicken over high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Then add the chopped onions and leave to brown for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the tomato paste diluted in a little water, then the crushed tomatoes (with the skin and seeds).
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the preparation from sticking.
- Then add 1 liter of water to the pot. Loosen the peanut butter with a little water (use a whisk, it should be smooth and smooth) and then pour it into the pot.
- Mix everything well with a spatula, pour in the whipping cream. Add the crushed garlic cloves, bouillon cubes, crushed black peppercorns, shrimp paste, vinegar and a little salt.
- Then put the washed and peeled vegetables and the fresh chili. Bring to a boil then lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for about 45 minutes, adjusting the seasoning during cooking.
Serve with fonio or fragrant white rice.