Ideal as an aperitif, cheese and chive blinis bring freshness and smoothness for those who love gourmet aperitifs
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 25 cl of milk
- 2 eggs
- 20 g fresh baker's yeast
- 170 g flour
- ½ bunch of chive
- 30 g of cream cheese
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Savory blinis with cream cheese and chives
In a saucepan, heat the milk over low heat.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Reserve the whites in a bowl.
- In another bowl, pour the egg yolks and whisk in the lukewarm milk. Add the fresh yeast, sifted flour, salt and pepper.
- Let stand 1 hour in a warm place to allow the dough to rise.
- Beat the egg whites and gently incorporate them into the preparation.
- Chop the chives. Mix the chives and the cream cheese and season with S&P.
- Lightly butter a pan with the previously melted butter.
- Form the blinis by drawing circles with a ladle or large spoon.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm and repeat the operation until all the dough is used up.
- Spread the blinis with the cream cheese and chive mixture.
- Serve as an aperitif or as a starter with smoked salmon.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel