Here is the traditional semolina cake recipe revisited with candied fruits for a maximum of colors and flavors.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 125 g fine semolina
- 3 tbsp. of candied fruit
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 cl of Grand Marnier
- Orange coulis or others
Semolina cake recipe with candied fruits
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th. 7).
In a pot,
- Pour in the milk, heat over low heat with the sugar.
- Pour in the semolina, mix well, cook for 8 minutes, then add the candied fruit.
- Add the egg yolks one by one to the semolina, mix well.
- Pour in the Grand Marnier, mix.
As soon as the semolina is cooked,
- Pour into pre-lined ramekins or a large dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 6 hours in the fridge.
Serve with an orange sauce or a fruit coulis.
Learn more about milk and semolina
Second European producer just behind Germany, France harvests around 3.5 billion liters of milk annually for a national consumption of 57 kg per capita per year.
With a grainy texture, semolina is most often made with wheat flour, whole or refined, and water. The resulting dough is steamed and transformed into tiny granules of varying size depending on the type of grinding desired.
Raw material used for making pasta, this starch is not just the famous couscous: it gives body to soups, accompanies meats and vegetables, and makes delicious desserts such as semolina pudding or semolina cake.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel