Here is a nice variation of the famous recipe of the sweet palm tree with the savory and crispy palm trees with smoked salmon and leeks.
Ideal as an appetizer for an aperitif.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 white leek
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 20 g butter
- 1 egg
Crispy palm trees with smoked salmon and leeks
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- Wash and mince the leek.
- Cut the salmon into pieces.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, brown the leek until the vegetation water has evaporated. Let cool and add the smoked salmon.
- Unroll the puff pastry, spread a layer of the leek / salmon mixture on the surface. Roll the dough on both sides until they meet.
Press lightly so as to weld them together.
Brush the dough with the beaten egg using a brush. Place 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Cut into thin slices and distribute on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. The palm trees should be golden.
- A nice variation of the famous sweet Sunday recipe. Besides, if you want to make the latter, exit the leek and the smoked salmon: just after having spread the dough, brush it with melted butter, sprinkle it with caster sugar and roll it up.
- This recipe can be made with chorizo and sundried tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and green olives ...
- Similarly, you can vary the presentation and turn these palm trees into a simple roll.
Brown in egg yolk or egg?
- To brown in the egg yolk, dilute it with a little water and brush, using a brush, the surface to be browned.
- To brown with the egg, beat it into an omelet and brush.
Add a pinch of salt or sugar depending on the type of preparation (salty or sweet).
Words from the kitchen
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan