If there is a dessert that it is no longer useful to present, it is the beautiful Hélène pear which is a great classic of French cuisine.
Chocolate, vanilla ice cream and poached pear make a recipe that is both easy and delicious.
Preparation time : 15 min
Difficulty : easy
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 beautiful scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 10 cl of milk
- 100g sugar
Beautiful Hélène pear recipe
We present to you the recipe for the traditional beautiful Hélène pear with cooking pears at home, but it is quite possible to buy a tin of canned pears in syrup.
- Start by peeling the pears
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil
- Place the pears in the pan, head up
- Add sugar
- Simmer over low heat until the pears are translucent (pierce with a sharp knife, it should sink in without difficulty)
- Let cool and set aside some of the syrup (about 10 cl)
Just before serving dessert ...
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie
- Add the milk and pear juice, being careful to keep a creamy appearance and not too runny
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon
- Cut the pears into quarters
Serve the Belle Hélène pears in a plate or a deep dessert dish, putting 1 pear per person cut into quarters, 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream and coat everything with the melted chocolate.
Enjoy your meal !
Recipe proposed by Ghislaine (41)