Full of freshness and an exotic touch, this salad with vermicelli, crunchy vegetables and cheese is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g soy or rice vermicelli
- 25g unsalted cashews
- 1/2 bunch of pink radishes
- 1/2 bunch of new onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 50 g cow's tomme
- 2 cm of ginger fresh
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 pinches of Espelette pepper
- 2 tbsp. dehydrated wakame seaweed
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
Fresh salad with vermicelli
- Place the rice or soy vermicelli in a bowl of fresh water. Let them stand for 5 minutes, then cook them for 2 minutes in a large pot of salted water. Drain them and place them in the fridge.
- Heat a pan without fat and roast the cashews.
- Wash, hull and mince the radishes.
- Wash the new onions and cut their stems. Thinly slice them along with some of their stems.
- Wash and mince the pepper.
- Crust and cut the cow's tomme into cubes.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: peel and grate the ginger to obtain about ó tsp. coffee. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, chili pepper, ginger, seaweed and oil. Mix. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, arrange all the ingredients, then sprinkle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with crushed cashews.
Find out more about peppers
Landed from Central America in the 16th century, the pepper will not be cultivated in Europe until two centuries later. Red, green, yellow, purple, orange, various varieties will then be carefully selected and cultivated, coloring the market stalls with a thousand colors.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel