Asparagus is a quality product that never tastes as good as when cooked simply.
Here are the asparagus with mousseline sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 24 asparagus fresh
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt pepper
- 1 bunch of chive
Asparagus with mousseline sauce recipe
This is an easy recipe to make although the preparation of the asparagus can take a while due to the peeling.
- Start by cutting the tail of the asparagus to get rid of the hard part
- Peel the asparagus delicately so as not to break them
- Boil a large pot of salted water
- Dip the asparagus and cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size
Meanwhile, make a homemade mayonnaise:
- Separate the egg white and yolk, keeping the white
- With the yolk, mustard and a pinch of salt, whip up a mayonnaise
- Chop the chives and add it to the mayonnaise
- Salt the egg white and whip the white until stiff
- Gently mix the egg whites with the mayonnaise
- Pour in the lemon juice
- Season with pepper and salt if necessary
Once the asparagus is cooked, take them out of the water and drain them well
Serve the asparagus with the mousseline sauce.
This is a recipe that serves both warm and cold, but avoid serving the asparagus too hot.
Enjoy your meal !