You like scented and original sorbets, here is the faisselle and watermelon sorbet, both easy to make and inexpensive for a dessert.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 20 cl of water
- 140 g cane sugar
- 2 branches of mint
- 1 small watermelon (450 g of meat)
- 2 egg whites
- 200 g of faisselle
Watermelon-faisselle sorbet recipe
In a pot,
- Pour in the water and sugar.
- Heat over low heat.
- Once the sugar is melted, add the mint.
- Heat the syrup for 5 to 8 minutes over low heat.
- Cover and let cool completely (about 40 minutes).
- Cut the watermelon into pieces. Take 450 g of the flesh.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the watermelon, the faisselle and the mint syrup.
- Add the egg whites to the watermelon / faisselle mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well and pour into the ice cream maker.
- The setting is quick, around 20 minutes.
Let the ice cream stand for 1 hour in the freezer before tasting it.
In a frying pan without fat,
- Roast the cashews.
- Once cooled, crush them.
Arrange the ice cream in verrines and sprinkle with roasted cashews.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of watermelon
Learn more about the faisselle
Made from cow's, goat's or sometimes sheep's milk, faisselle is a very fresh cheese with a pronounced lactic aroma, and a moist and creamy texture. With a sweet and tangy flavor, it is a fresh and light dessert.
Low in calories, the faisselle contains only 88 calories per 100 g for a content of 45% fat. Also available in a 0% version, it only provides 40 calories per 100 g. Be careful, however, how to decorate it: honey, jam, sugar ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel