An essential Christmas dessert, the log can be cooked in 1001 ways.
Here is a delicious recipe for Christmas log with kiwi, easy, light and quick to cook.
Preparation : 40 min
Cooking : 10 minutes
Rest : 4 h
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g flour
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 8 kiwi fruit
- 5 large gelatin sheets
- 40 cl of liquid cream
- 150 g passion fruit topping
Light cream and kiwi log
Prepare the cookie:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Prepare a buttered baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. In a first bowl, whiten the yolks with the sugar.
In a second time,
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the sifted flour into the first bowl, mix, then pour in the melted butter and the snowy egg whites.
- Mix again.
- Pour this preparation on the buttered baking sheet. Smooth with a spatula.
Bake and cook for 10 minutes.
- Out of the oven, wait a few minutes and roll the biscuit on the baking paper.
- Let it cool for 1 hour.
- Peel, wash and mince the kiwis very finely.
- Melt the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- Heat the mango juice and incorporate the squeezed gelatin into it. Mix well. Let cool without the preparation gelling.
- Assemble the cream chantilly.
- Gently mix the cooled mango juice with the whipped cream.
- Unroll the cookie by removing the paper. Cover it with cream. Add a few thin slices of kiwi fruit and roll it on itself. Brush with passion fruit topping.
- Decorate with slices of kiwi fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. 25 cl of mango juice (or passion fruit)
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel