An Italian dish par excellence, risotto has become an essential dish in gastronomy. Here is a delicious recipe for risotto with foie gras milk.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 150 g of Carnaroli rice
- 1.5 l whole milk
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 pinch of coriander ground
- 1 pinch of ginger in powder
- 200 g of foie gras fresh (a nice cutlet in short)
- 2 shallots
- 15 cl of well-reduced veal juice
Recipe for risotto with foie gras milk
ƒHeat the milk with a little salt and the spices.
In a casserole dish,
- Sweat the finely chopped shallots without coloring,
- Add the rice, mix for a long time then pour in 20 cl of lukewarm milk,
- Cook over low heat, stirring very regularly,
- Add another 20 cl of milk when the first quantity is absorbed.
ƒIn a hot pan,
- Add the escalope of foie gras seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Color it on both sides and let it rest for a few moments before mixing it in 30 cl of milk.
- Switch to Chinese and incorporate into the risotto.
ƒThe risotto cooks for about 20 minutes and is served “al’onda”, that is, so soft that a wave forms when you tilt the plate.
Draw it up risotto in small Japanese bowls and top with a drizzle of well-reduced veal jus.
Recipe by Sonia Ezgulian
© N. CARNET / CNIEL